Remember to mark your calendars on October 15 – 17 for the 2015 Annual AFN Convention in Anchorage. This year’s theme is “Heroes in our Homeland.” The theme reflects the general mood of the statewide Native community, and guides the structure and focus of the convention agenda, presenters, and workshops.
In preparation for Convention please note the following deadlines:
The final day for submission of resolutions is September 21, 2015. Resolutions can submitted to Benjamin Mallott at email@example.com, hand-delivered, mailed, or sent via fax to 907-276-7989.
Below are the criteria for AFN resolutions:
- The Resolutions Committee will entertain resolutions submitted by any recognized Alaska Native delegate to the Annual Convention, Alaska Native Group, or AFN Member organization.
- The Resolutions Committee will consider only resolutions that address issues of statewide or broader significance.
- Resolutions submitted must address only one issue with action on resolution to be stated positively.
- Resolutions requesting funding may be referred to the AFN Board of Directors or an appropriate regional or local organization.
- The Resolutions Committee may refer to the AFN Board of Directors or an appropriate member organization all resolutions that request legal action.
- The Resolutions Committee will refer to the AFN Board of Directors all resolutions that are determined to be a divisive issue between member organizations.
- The Resolutions Committee shall refer all resolutions of endorsements, recommendations, or recognition to the AFN Board of Directors.
President’s Award nominations deadline is September 21st.
Delegates are encouraged to register online before October 15. You may also register at the Dena’ina Center on October 15 – 16.
Travel Information for 2015
Alaska Airlines is proud to offer a 15% discount for 2015 Annual AFN Convention Attendees. Use discount code ECMA229 when booking your tickets at alaskaair.com. Click here for detailed instructions. Many hotels in Anchorage are also offering many special rates, you can find those rates by clicking here.