Welcome and thank you for your interest in an Exhibit Booth at the 2019 Alaska Federation of Natives (AFN) Convention on October 17-19, 2019 at the Carlson Center in Fairbanks, Alaska. The Exhibit Fair is an excellent way to reach thousands of AFN delegates, participants and observers during our Annual Convention. Please see below the application, categories + costs, method of payment, agreement and hours and rules + regulations.
About Exhibiting at AFN: Please note that Exhibit Booths are offered only to AFN member organizations, government agencies, non-profits and educational institutions. Additionally, businesses with interest in obtaining a table at the exhibit fair may inquire about sponsorship opportunities. Tables are assigned on a first come, first serve basis and event space is limited. The deadline to apply and submit payment is close of business September 6, 2019.
About AFN and the Convention: The mission of the Alaska Federation of Natives (AFN) is to enhance and promote the cultural, economic, and political voice of the Alaska Native community. The annual AFN Convention brings together 6,000 delegates, participants, businesses, artisans, observers and special guests. The purpose of the AFN Convention is to serve as the principle forum and voice for the Alaska Native community in dealing with critical issues of public policy and government.
Exhibitor Official Rules & Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been developed for the benefit of the exhibitor and customers alike. They incorporate both AFN and Carlson Center guidelines. Please read carefully, or you may request a copy from AFN:
1) Application for exhibit booth space and its acceptance constitutes a contract to use the space assigned. A 10 x 6 foot exhibit booth space with a 6 foot table and 2 chairs in the Canvas Pavilion are contracted between the Exhibitor and AFN. Space may not be sublet or shared without prior approval from an authorized AFN staff member. If booth space is not occupied by 12:00 pm on Thursday, October 17, 2019, AFN reserves the right to use the space, as sees fit.
2) Space assignments will be made at AFN’s discretion and retains the right to change exhibit locations, as needed. Specific requests for locations will not be accepted. Space must not overflow into the aisle or over the sides.
3) AFN reserves the right to refuse space to those applicants whose information, programs, materials and/or message(s) are deemed not to be within the interests of the AFN mission and values.
4) A non-refundable payment is due no later than close of business on September 6, 2019. Space is not guaranteed until payment is received. Cancellations must be made in writing to AFN.
5) On September 27, 2019, exhibitors will receive an email notification with an Exhibit Booth Toolkit with set-up information, booth hours, floor plan and assigned space number.
6) Exhibitors agree to staff their designated space at all times during exhibition hours. As a courtesy to members, staff, delegates, guests and attendees, all exhibits must be open on time and remain staffed during the exhibit hours.
7) Exhibitors will not fasten any fixtures to the floor, walls, support beams or equipment of the exhibit area. Exhibitors who violate this rule will be liable for any damage caused.
8) The exhibitor agrees to indemnify, defend, save and hold AFN, SMG, the Carlson Center, and the Fairbanks North Star Borough harmless from any claim, lawsuit or liability, including costs and reasonable attorney’s fees allegedly arising from lost or stolen items, damage or injury to persons or property occurring in the course of the space rental during load in, set up, operation and load out of the exhibitor show of the AFN Convention on October 16-19, 2019.
9) AFN and its agents shall not be held liable for failure to hold the convention in the event of a cancellation due to fire, venue closure, Acts of God or other causes beyond AFN's control.
Alaska Federation of Natives
3000 A Street, Suite 210 | Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Main: 907-274-3611 | Direct: 907-263-1307 | Fax: 907-276-7989 | www.nativefederation.org
AFN Staff Contact: Trina Landlord (email at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Exhibitor Location, Hours + Space
Location: Carlson Center: Canvas Pavilion
2010 2nd Ave.
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Wednesday, October 16 – 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
Exhibit Booth Hours:
Thursday, October 17 – 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Friday, October 18 – 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday, October 19 – 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Saturday, October 19 – 3:00 pm-4:00 pm
AFN will provide exhibitors with:
One 10'×6' display booth space
One skirted 6' table and two chairs
Side dividers (3’ tall)
Electricity (500 watt outlet)