We invite you to visit our Navigator Training Archive to view videos of past trainings and workshops and access training materials.
Scroll down to access resources and partner information from Alaska ARPA.
Please check back often for updates and additional information.
Have questions or requests? Please reach out to:
Nicole Borromeo, AFN Executive Vice-President & General CounselEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Writing Assistance Hotline:
AFN and AML are collaborating to offer tribal governments a free opportunity to talk through the pre-grant application process with an experienced grant writer. Tribal government representatives will be able to discuss their needs and priorities and learn about basic processes to apply for federal grants.
If you would like to visit with the grant writer, here’s the process:
- Contact AML at email@example.com or 907-586-1325 to indicate your interest.
- AML will get your name, affiliation, contact information, and a short version of your needs.
- AML will share that information with our contracted grant writing professional, who will contact you directly to schedule some time for a phone meeting.
You may select any or all of the topics below, to discuss with the grant writer.
- Needs or priorities of your community and why you need funding.
- Grant opportunities that might be a ‘good fit’ for your need(s).
- Budgets and other requirements commonly needed with grant applications.
- Timing needed to write grants, along with key steps for gathering and coordinating information.
- Requirements of registration in SAM.gov.
- Purpose for registering in Grants.gov.
- Access to the online public website that lists all of your agency’s awarded grants.
- Review of the Alaska State website that lists all Tribal debt for taxes or unemployment costs.
The meeting time is flexible, but in consideration of others who would like to meet with the grant writer, we would ask you to limit your call time to one hour. If requested, the grant writer consultant will schedule a good time to call you back to continue the conversation.
RESOURCES FROM CONVENTION
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill: Programs Benefitting Alaska Tribes, Tribal Organizations, And Alaska Native Corporations - December 14, 2021 Working Draft
Upcoming Navigator Program Events
Please visit the Alaska ARPA website for a full database of resources. We have included some items below for easy access:
- The Passed Bill – American Rescue Plan
* AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT FUNDING BREAKDOWN
- AML Overview for Alaska (PPT)
- AML ARPA Guidelines Video Presentation
- AML ARPA Guidelines (PPT)
- National League of Cities (NLC) – hub useful for Alaska cities
- Summary of Provisions
- National Association of Counties – hub useful for Alaska boroughs and tribes
- Government Finance Officers Association – hub useful for finance and administrators
- National Council of State Legislatures
- National Council of Nonprofits
- NC League of Municipalities
- Free Tool to Help Cities Take Full Advantage of Federal Aid – searchable database of Q&A’s about the rules and regulations of COVID-19 relief funds
- Thread COVID-19 Stabilization Grant application is open to eligible child care programs. The application and grant information is available at threadalaska.org/covidrelief/
- Request for Proposal: Special Projects Manager Responses Due: June 11, 2021 Closed
- Childcare – The Child Care And Development Fund in FY21 Reconciliation Proposal
- Childcare – COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Memorandum – Childcare and Development Fund in FY2021 Reconciliation Proposals
- Homeowner Assistance Fund Guidance – U.S. Department of Treasury April 14, 2021
- Emergency Rental Assistance Funds – Fact Sheet May 7, 2021
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) – new waiver and alternative requirements – HUD, April 14, 2021
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) – PPR Tieback – HUD, April 30, 2021
- Community Planning and Development (CPD) Grant – Additional Waivers – HUD, March 31, 2021
- NTIA Establishes Two Broadband-Focused Offices – Office of Connectivity and Growth (OICG) and Office of Minority Broadband Initiatives
- ReConnect Loan and Grant Program – August 11, 2021
- Broadband Federal Funding Programs List – June 08, 2021
- NTIA Grant Program Webinar – June 9, 2021, 10:30 am -12:00 pm
State, Local, and Tribal Governments
- State, Local, and Tribal Fiscal Recovery Fund
- Recipient Compliance and Reporting Responsibilities – July 13, 2021
- Funding for Non-Entitlement Units of Local Government – May 24, 2021
- Pre-submission checklist – May 24, 2021
- Award Terms and Conditions for Non-entitlement Units of Local Government– May 24, 2021
- Interim Final Rule for Fund Guidance – May 10, 2021
- Update on Interpretation for 75 Percent Budget Cap Calculation (NEUs) – June 30, 2021
- For questions about the Treasury Submission Portal (ID.me) or for technical support, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quick Reference Guide
- Treasury FAQ – May 27, 2021
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQ’s – June 8,2021
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQ’s – June 17, 2021
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQ’s – June 23, 2021
- Updated Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQ’s – June 30, 2021
- Payments for Distribution to NEUs: “Status of Payments to States for Distribution to Non-Entitlement Units of Local Governments (NEUs) table
- Recipient Compliance and Reporting Responsibilities: Compliance and reporting responsibilities and Guidance – Page.
- State and Tribal Capital Projects Fund
- Transit – Senate-Passed ARPA Urbanized Formula Funding Amount
- Rural Transit – Formula Grants for Rural Areas